The root canal is the area in the center of a tooth where the pulp (nerve, blood vessels, and connective tissues) is located. A tooth may have one or two root canals. If you are experiencing any of the following, you may have a damaged root canal in Lilburn, Georgia:
– Intense discomfort when chewing or applying pressure on the tooth
– Sensitivity to hot or cold temperatures that persists after the heat or cold has been removed
– Staining or darkening of a tooth
– Inflammation and tenderness in the gums
– A pimple-like bump on the gums that is persistent or recurring
Dr. Kevin Lacour may suggest root canal treatment to repair your tooth. First, an opening is made in the tooth, through which the damaged or infected dental pulp is removed using root canal files. The root canal will then be cleaned thoroughly. Once the area has been examined to ensure that all bacteria and debris has been removed, the root canal (or canals) are filled with a rubbery material. A dental crown is usually placed over the tooth to restore its shape, size, and strength.
We invite you to call Lacour Family Dentistry today to learn more and to set up your next appointment with our dentist. Our team looks forward to aiding you in reaching optimal oral health!